Bruce Willis is not saying "Yippie-ki-yay" about the cancellation of his latest film.

A spokesman for Willis told The Associated Press Friday that production of "Wake" was suddenly halted this week when financing fell through, and the actor is concerned that crew members who joined him "in good faith" are left jobless.

Publicist Paul Bloch said the company responsible for financing the film didn't deliver the promised funds, so production of the action-thriller was indefinitely suspended. Shooting began earlier this month in Cleveland.

Benaroya Pictures did not return calls and emails seeking comment Friday.

"Wake," about a man who gets caught up in the siege of a remote island while attending his brother's wake there, was also to star Ben Kingsley and Ellen Burstyn.

Willis, meanwhile, has several other films upcoming, including the comedy "Rock the Kasbah," co-starring Bill Murray, due out in November.