Menu

Fox411

Industry

Lara Logan told to take leave of absence from '60 Minutes' after Benghazi story questioned

Lara Logan of the show "60 Minutes Sports" listens to a question on stage during the Showtime panel presentation of the 2013 Winter Television Critics Association Press Tour in Pasadena, California January 12, 2013. REUTERS/Bret Hartman (UNITED STATES - Tags: ENTERTAINMENT MEDIA SPORT) - RTR3CDFS

CBS has ordered "60 Minutes" correspondent Lara Logan and her producer to take a leave of absence following a critical internal review of their handling of the show's October story on the Benghazi raid.

The show relied on an interview with a security contractor who said he was at the U.S. mission in Libya the night it was attacked last year, but questions were raised about whether the source was lying. 

A CBS internal report obtained by The Associated Press on Tuesday found the network did a poor job vetting the story.

CBS Chairman Jeff Fager, who is also the "60 Minutes" executive producer, said he asked Logan and her producer, Max McClellan, to take a leave of absence. 

The length of time wasn't determined.

ON OUR RADAR

AROUND THE WEB

TMZ

Celebuzz!

Zap2It

Radar

x17  News Online

ET