“Glee” is trying to pick up the pieces following the death of one of their main stars, Cory Monteith.
The show is moving forward with plans to hire two new stars for the show, according to E! News.
A casting call went out for the new characters last week, before Monteith was found dead on Saturday in a Vancouver hotel room, and a source told E! the show is going ahead with plans to fill those roles.
A few weeks ago, it was announced that some of the show's favorites, such as Heather Morris, Amber Riley and Dianna Agron, would not be returning to "Glee" as series regulars.
Monteith, 31, however, was set to appear in the fifth season alongside his on-screen and real-life girlfriend Lea Michele, 26.
“Glee” has not made any official announcement about how it plans to handle Monteith’s death in series; but producers have reportedly been scheduling meetings to discuss how to move forward with story lines and other issues without his character, Finn Hudson.
Monteith died as a result of “mixed drug toxicity” involving heroin and alcohol, the British Columbia Coroners Service reported Tuesday.
TMZ reported that the star was cremated on Tuesday after a brief viewing at the hospital for his close family and Michele.
Monteith had talked bluntly about struggling with addiction since he was a teenager, calling it a serious problem and telling Parade magazine in 2011 he was "lucky to be alive."
He admitted himself to a treatment facility in April for substance addiction, a representative said at the time. He also received treatment when he was 19.
"Glee," with its catchy song-and-dance numbers and high-profile guest stars like Gwyneth Paltrow and Britney Spears, became an instant hit when it debuted in 2009. Monteith served as the show's resident hunk with a heart of gold.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.