'Skyfall' director Sam Mendes signs on for next James Bond movie

Published July 11, 2013

| FoxNews.com

Sam Mendes has changed his mind.

The “Skyfall” director, who previously stated in multiple interviews that he would not be involved in the next James Bond flick, has signed on to direct the 24th Bond film, which is set to be released in November 2015.

Mendes had said he wouldn’t direct the upcoming Bond movie because he wanted to work on other projects.  

"I am very pleased that by giving me the time I need to honor all my theatre commitments, the producers have made it possible for me to direct ‘Bond 24.’ I very much look forward to taking up the reins again, and to working with Daniel Craig, Michael Wilson and Barbara Broccoli for a second time,” Mendes said in a statement sent to FOX411.

The previous Bond movie, “Skyfall,” raked in $1.1 billion worldwide.

Chairman and CEO of MGM Gary Barber added: “We are thrilled to reunite the extraordinary talents of director Sam Mendes with our star Daniel Craig for the next great Bond adventure.” He added, “As evidenced by the phenomenal success of our last collaboration with EON Productions and Sony, the incredible legacy of this 51-year-old franchise continues to amaze.”

URL

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/07/11/skyfall-director-sam-mendes-signs-on-for-next-james-bond-movie/