Published March 01, 2013
Lindsay Lohan may want to make nice with her old lawyer, Shawn Chapman Holley.
All motions made by Lohan's new New York City lawyer, Mark Heller, to delay or do away with altogether the actress' scheduled March 18 trial were denied today by a Southern California Judge, who scolded the attorney for not being in compliance with California court procedures.
Which means Lohan's trial on charges of reckless driving and lying to police about a car crash she was in last year, is on.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge James Dabney said there is no good reason to delay the case.
He also told Heller he needed to bring a lawyer with him on March 18 who can guide him through the differences between New York and California procedures.
Dabney said either someone assists him who is competent in criminal law in California, or Lohan waives her right to say she wasn't adequately represented.
Heller was seeking a delay to prepare his defense, and to allow her more time to undergo psychotherapy counseling and perform community service.
Heller's motion to dismiss the case outright because, he contends, Lohan wasn't read her Miranda rights by the Santa Monica police was also denied. Dabney said that was a matter for the trial.
After the hearing, Heller and the prosecutor went into a conference room for a private meeting.
Lohan did not attend the hearing.
The "Mean Girls" actress has pleaded not guilty to the misdemeanor charges that also include obstructing officers from performing their duties while investigating the June crash.
Lohan was on probation at the time of the crash and could face up to 245 days in jail if a judge determines she violated the terms of her sentence in a 2011 necklace theft case.