Published December 12, 2012
Lindsay Lohan's probation was revoked this morning in a Los Angeles court.
Another hearing has been set for Jan. 15 to determine whether or not the "Liz & Dick" actress will go to jail.
The Los Angeles City Attorney asked for a bail to be set, but the judge said that was unnecessary.
"We're not there just yet," the judge said.
Lohan was absent at today's hearing, and she does not have to appear at the Jan. 15 court date either unless there is a probation violation. Her probation was instated after she was found guilty in a highly-publicized jewelry theft case last year.
She is facing up to eight months in jail, which does not include additional jail time if she is convicted in her June car accident case.
As of Monday, Lohan's Twitter activity indicated she was in England with U.K. band The Wanted.
“I heart the UK,” she tweeted on Monday. She also posted a tweet from The Wanted’s singer Max George, in which he stated he was in England.
After being removed from supervised probation in March, Lohan attempted to mount a comeback, filming two movies and a cameo with Charlie Sheen in the latest installment of the "Scary Movie" franchise. Her performance in the first film released, "Liz and Dick," wasn't greeted favorably by fans or critics.
Lohan was ordered to remain out of trouble and a judge urged her to stop partying at nightclubs, but neither has happened.
She also faces a misdemeanor assault charge in New York after a woman claimed she was hit by Lohan in a Manhattan nightclub. It is unknown whether New York prosecutors will pursue charges, or drop them as they did earlier this year when Lohan was accused of hitting a man with her car.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.