Published May 29, 2012
He's not yet a fugitive from justice, but Justin Bieber has taken to Twitter to let his fans know he's "off to Europe" as Los Angeles detectives seek to question the pop superstar about an alleged attack Sunday against a photographer.
The teen sensation tweeted to his followers, "going to board. OFF TO EUROPE! PHASE 1 of operation secret concerts."
Bieber is wanted for questioning by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's investigators after a photographer claimed the pop star attacked him at a local shopping center.
Sheriff's Lt. Robert Wiard says the photographer called 911 on Sunday and complained of pain to his chest. Wiard said the scuffle happened when the photographer tried to snap pictures of Bieber and his girlfriend, teen actress Selena Gomez, after they walked out of a theater at The Commons at Calabasas.
Wiard says the photographer was taken to a hospital where he was treated and released.
He says Bieber and Gomez left before deputies arrived, so investigators want to talk to him to get his side of the story.
"Gonna focus on the important stuff. The music," Bieber tweeted to fans Monday referencing the media hoopla over the incident.
The teen heartthrob thanked his fans, dubbed "Beliebers," for their support, tweeting that "we came up from the bottom TOGETHER. every step we were doubted. I doubted...but you were always there ... we work hard. we grind it out. nothing is stopping us."
Last year, Bieber was accused of fathering a fan's child, but was exonerated when the woman withdrew her paternity suit. Bieber took a paternity test anyway.
“I didn’t have to do it, I did it because I wanted to,” he said. “I wanted everything to be out in the open.”
Bieber's new single, "Die in Your Arms," off his upcoming album "Believe," will hit iTunes Monday at midnight.
The Associated Press and Newscore contributed to this report.