While hundreds of thousands of people from around the world tune in for the most prestigious and glamorous night in Latin music, the Vegas strip fills up with a a parade of artists, fans and the most recognized faces in Latin music.
One night of Latin-music super power is the perfect opportunity for parallel parties, brand integrations and even charity events to emerge leveraging this unique gathering of super stars under one roof. And this is why today, exclusively for Fox News Latino, we will be giving you a peek behind the scenes at the12th Annual Latin GRAMMY Awards.
Arriving at the airport already felt frantic with paparazzi patiently camping around to catch a glimpse at the most famous faces in Latin entertainment.
Then, upon arriving at the Mandalay Bay, it was evident that many hopeful fans with sometime families of 2, 3, 4 people, with kids, aunt and grandma included, congregated in the hallways hoping to get one picture that will make their friend’s jealous on Facebook!
And yes, the possibilities are high! Easily gathering over 100 of the most recognized names in show business, Las Vegas this week is the perfect place to get an overdose of celebrity-power all in one shot.
Shakira, Pitbull, Sofía Vergara, Shaila Durcal, Wisin y Yandel, Los Tigres del Norte, Paulina Rubio, Cristian Castro, Alejandra Guzman, Romeo and even Usher are some of the names and people that you could easily bump into at the hotel. So far for example, we’ve bumped into Alejandra Guzman, Taboo from the Black Eye Peas, Marco Antonio Solis and Wisin y Yandel to name a few!
Also, while the telecast may take all the eyeballs and attention of the viewers, the record labels, business entrepreneurs, and brands leveraging this event take it to a whole new level as well in parallel with the official award ceremonies.
There is more to the award show than the show itself, and this is why we want you to get a taste at the action as we recap the top 5 most memorable places and moments behind the Latin GRAMMY Awards in Las Vegas. See what no one else sees, behind and before the show…
1. GUCCI introduces special edition Latin GRAMMY Timepieces and Jewelry. Inspired by the Latin GRAMMY Awards, the partnership celebrates young and emerging Latin artists and helps promote Latin Music across the world.
2. Inside the celebrity gift lounge. Providing artists a nice break from rehearsals the gifting suite is a dream come true filled with an incredible variety of perks, gifts and surprises. My personal favorite, the SPENGLISH T-shirts! We were told Paulina Rubio picked one herself that reads “HOLY GUACAMOLE” The celebrity gift bag includes apparel products, electronics, gourmet foods and accessories with an estimated value of $13,000
3. Wisin y Yandel launches fashion line with Mark Ecko. The “Los Lideres” clothing collection jointly conceptualized by Marc Ecko for Marc Ecko Cut & Sew includes trend forward pieces to update any man’s wardrobe and unleash the inner rock star in you!
4. Ogullosa Brunch. Celebrating women who have “la falda bien puesta” Orgullosa is an initiative of empowerment lead by P&G, presenting sponsor of the Latin GRAMMY Awards, to motivate women to take the lead and stay strong in life.
5. The House of Music. As a very lively destination for everyone to stop by, interact and get into the music spirit. This branded destinationby Heineken has become the hot spot to stop by and catch the fever of Latin music with some performances by nominees and famous DJ’s.
We will be reporting from the green carpet on November 10th.