Ben Affleck Denies Rumors That He Lost $400G in Illegal Poker Game

Published July 07, 2011

| NewsCore

Actor Ben Affleck allegedly lost almost half a million dollars in an underground, high-rolling gambling ring, RadarOnline and Star magazine reported Wednesday -- claims the actor branded "complete garbage."

Affleck reportedly joined the high-stakes games in 2002, while he was dating singer Jennifer Lopez, and allegedly still owes $400,000 for a bet he lost to Ron Meyer, president of Universal Pictures.

Other stars who allegedly took part in the gatherings, which had a buy-in of $100,000, included "Spider-Man" actor Tobey Maguire, "Titanic" star Leonardo DiCaprio and Yankees slugger Alex Rodriguez.

HOT SHOTS: Ben Affleck

Meyer's daughter, Jennifer, is married to Maguire, who has been targeted in a lawsuit brought by victims of Beverly Hills hedge fund manager, Brad Ruderman.

Ruderman allegedly orchestrated a $25 million Ponzi scheme and used the proceeds of the fraud to pay off his gambling debts to Maguire and others.

"At the time, Ben wasn't the most skillful player, it was almost like he was someone who felt they did not deserve the money they had," a source told Star about Affleck's participation.

But a rep for Affleck told amNewYork the report was, "Complete garbage. Made up and lacking any real sources."

And a spokesman for Rodriguez, Richard Rubenstein, last week denied that the Yankee played in any of the games connected to Ruderman.

"Mr. Rodriguez has not participated in these poker games," he said.

URL

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/07/07/ben-affleck-denies-rumors-that-lost-400g-in-illegal-poker-game/